Monday, September 26, 2011

Apartment

Before coming, many people warned me worried about the probable sardine size of my apartment, but it has turned out to be much more spacious and comfortable than expected. The system in the JET Programme works so that each new foriegner will take the place of the old one. With this set up, I was able to arrive to a fully furnished abode, that even included food! There have been 8 former ALTs to live in this apartment - from America, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa, and the UK, so a lot has been accumulated over the years.

I spent the first week exploring all the closets and boxes inside the apartment, discovering new things every day. Did I need to wash clothes? No problem. Charge batteries? Covered. Practice calligraphy? Sure thing! I also received my my "predecessor"`s bicycle, and bought her car. For the first couple weeks, it felt like I was living someone else`s life. It was like being a guest in someone else`s house, but without them there. Two months later, it feels a lot more like home.

And, so, because the [second] best way to know a place is to see it (first is to actually be there), here is a nice long video tour. For those who would prefer the more instant route, I`ll also post some pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa6ctts9ljk

No comments:

Post a Comment